8/06/2009

Friendship Day

Did you know that today is Friendship day?  Well it is!  So be sure to tell your friends.  Happy friendship day to all my blog friends out there!  Thanks so much for reading my blog!

Have you ever heard of a friendship quilt?  I didn’t even know what one was until I started reading about them in preparation for this post. 

Definitions of friendship quilt on the Web:

  • a quilt made by friends (who make friendship blocks) as a gift or remembrance to someone who has moved. ...
    www.reddawn.net/quilt/glossary.htm
  • These are quilts that are made to be given to friends and relatives similar to a signature quilt often containing dates, signatures, verses and messages. They were often made with fabric which was shared and exchanged.
    www.sewmuchmoreinfo.com/quiltopaedia.html

Although these are the web definitions, I think a friendship quilt could be many things.  A quilt made for a friend that symbolizes what your friendship means, a quilt made by many friends working together, a quilt made by people (like a community) to symbolize love, peace and friendship. 

Regardless of what you think a friendship quilt is, I am sure that you have experienced the fact that quilting brings people together.  I have many friends that I would not have if it weren’t for quilting.  I am grateful to my friends for their love and support.  Thanks and Happy Friendship Day!

4 comments:

Lisa said...

Happy Friendship Day to you, too!

Rosie1925 said...

Mark Twain:

Good friends, good books and a sleepy conscience: this is the ideal life.

Michelle Wilkes said...

So can I count you as my quilting friend?

Shaunab said...

Happy friendship day. I came across this blog and I think you might like to see what it says about a pattern they picked up...http://quiltingallday.blogspot.com/